Sunday 12 April 2009

Long time no speak!!




Sorry it has taken me so long to post again. I have been so busy of late. We had the family holiday in Al Aqah. I have to say my best holiday so far and there have been a Few!

It was just wonderful to get away with the kids, relax ,and spend such great quality time together as a family. We had so much fun, cartoons in bed, italian meals, arabic buffets and of course the pool.

As I had what I thought was tendonitis I only managed a small amount of knitting, the ruffle tank from the best of Interweave knits in the lovely Euroflax linen, however it was to be frogged as I was not happy with the slipped stitch edge on one side. One was perfect tight and neat the other loopy and like an elongated chain. I brought my manuals with me and despite a few attempts at other techniques this was not to be. If I decide to reknit this one I will just do a garter edge.

Just finished a few baby pressies that have taken all my knitting time. I am starting to think about my trip home for the summer months. As the temperature rises I am looking forward to it more and more and getting some projects done for us all.

By the way I forgot to mention that I have completed my life long knitting dream and completed my first ever sock! I have always been so scared of these mammas. But thanks to the UAE knitters sock KAL I finally plucked up the courage to cast on with some of that beautiful yarn in my stash. I choose Antique jeans Claudia Handpainted sock yarn, bought from Purlescence in January, on my trip back to N Ireland. Robyn was so helpful, as I had a sleepless night about the yarns that I saw in the sale. Then I decide to order(the day before I leave). This yarn arrived an hour before I left for the airport, talk about cutting it fine! Anyway it is the most soft and wonderfully dyed yarn. All this yarn I ordered I just love so glad I lost sleep over it. Only you fellow knitters will understand.

Anyway enough rambling until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment