Friday 1 May 2009

A February Lady In April!




Yeah she is done and finished. My first ever top down project of which there will be many many more! No mattress stitch I love it!

I would model this lady, although it is now 40c plus here and the thought of 100 percent merino wool, soft as it is, makes me feel queasy. So she will have to wait until my impending trip back to Belfast in the summer. I loved this knit and the Malabrigo yarn was just so yummy!

Life is ticking along well here, the kids are growing every week and their new abilities astound me, they are like little sponges, absorbing everything around them. I am busy this week preparing for our 2nd birthday party next weekend and also Sierra Leone National day. Richard is travelling so I have to make all the preparations myself. Including his African costume. Oh the possibilities are endless!

The party will entail some usual kiddies party food and birthday cake etc, but everyone dresses up in African gear and brings a dish. So we get to sample lots of yummy fair. I will post a blog after the event.

We had a busy week last. We had dinner with Chris & some friends at Bussola on the beach on Sunday, the Golf club annual members party Tuesday and the highlight of the week, the boys birthday bash at the Exchange grill at the Fairmont. What a meal and a restuarant I definitely want to visit again.

I can hardly believe that a year has passed today since we got the call to travel to Sierra Leone to finalise the adoption of Nathan & Nyah. I have very fond memories of Jodie's Sierra Leone National Day party this day last year, when we got the call to travel. It truly has been the most wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment